Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

It's a Rexburgian Miracle

So it turns out that we have roses and daylilies in front of our porch. The roses were scraggly and barren all winter, twice I mistook them for an overgrown weed and tried to rip them out. Good thing I never finished the job.

The plant is a weird shape. Should I have pruned? I don't know, I'm just a renter who regularly polishes all the baseboards. They also look like poor man's roses, but I'll take what I can get. Especially here. If you click on the photo to see it up close, you can see a brownish smudge on the porch. That would be from when I got depressed this past winter and started blasting everything within arms reach with gold spray paint. 


One lone orange daylily.

We sat on our porch for good while tonight enjoying the fresh air, talking and eating grapes and brownies. (It was my night to cook dinner.) It stinks to be cooped up in an office all day long. Sometimes I feel like Pinky and the Brain with Danny. Me being Pinky, of course. If I weren't the one bringing home the bacon I would feel like a one of those not-so-bright humans I make fun of all the time. (You know, the ones that still write checks at the grocery, drive 25 in a 45, give their four-year-old a mullet.)


Baby bum for good measure. This is my naked nephew Asher. He likes to swim (hence the nudity). He is also anti-talking. He's stubborn and refuses to talk. I like that.

Also, is anyone else SUPER excited about 4th of July? I don't know what we're doing yet, but GOD BLESS AMERICA. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Id love to live around there see this kids out and rape him somewhere