Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Welcome to the 21st Century

After months of watching movies and TV (streaming online shows) on a 21 inch computer monitor, we finally purchased a TV. I don't want to rag on the monitor, it treated us very well for being used as a TV, but it was frustrating to be peacefully watching 30 Rock and then have to leap to the edge of the bed to see whatever detail was on the screen. Does that make sense? Anyway. 

We haven't gotten satellite or cable yet, so we kept Danny's old computer there so that he can download shows and movies using the TV as the monitor and then just popping the USB into the TV. What a great little contraption! I just love technology.

What a beaut! You can see I still have a long way to go design-wise...like maybe hiding those cords and movies for starters. Doesn't that candle look like a glass of milk?


Ha ha! Too much TV, all tuckered out.

Now next time Dave and Bobbie come to visit we can pile on the bed again and actually be able to see what we're watching! 

3 comments:

Bobbiejane said...

Dave and I are both looking forward to that! What kind of newly wed couple are you with your flat screen and all? You make me sick!

Unknown said...

So awesome! :)We're looking at getting a new tv as well...hopefully soon.
p.s. where do you get those awesome quotes on the side of your blog? under gaga? LOVE them!!

Jane said...

The quotes are from one of my favorite Twitter-ers. :) http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

It's an old man. He cusses a lot. Which is why I choose my quotes carefully.